How To Know What To Publish On Your Social Media
Know What To Post On Social Media With These 5 Tips
You're busy. With clients, administration and your non-business life. So how do you find the time to decide what to post on social media? As you may've picked up from my other blog posts. being consistent is key to social media. So how can you keep coming up with new ideas? Here are some tips to get you started.
- Don't worry about what other people post. It can be easy to get into comparison mode. See another business like yours, posting lots of video's of them working. This could be with their horse or dog customers. Then another day they could post about their own life, or a motivational quote. Or something else completely random. Whilst this is fine for them. If it seems too time consuming for you. Then don't feel the need to do it! Which leads me to tip number 2.
- What information do you want to share? If you're a veterinary physiotherapist. Do you want people to know the different techniques you use? Do you want them to know the range of animals you work with? Decide what you want to use your social media to update people with.
- How do you want people to get your posts? So do you like using photo's or video's? A mix of both is fine. But if you find the idea of video too much, then don't do it. (or not yet anyway). Keep to photo's.
- Whether you use photo's or video's or text based posts. (Depending on the social media network you use). Don't get too caught up on the detail. Ensure any post you make, is factual and not littered with spelling mistakes! But otherwise, don't worry if it's not a professional video or photo. And not a long text based post.
- Be authentic. So in conclusion to the points above. Ensure what information you share. And the method of your posts. Is all authentic to you. Don't try to be someone you're not. If you prefer to have a light-hearted approach that's fine. Or if you prefer technical detail that's fine too. Keep it simple and true to what you want to do.
I hope you find these tips helpful. Take a look at the action points below too!
- Get started posting. With consistency and practice, you'll find it not such a chore.
- Have a look through my previous blog posts for some tips on using social media.
- Gain more confidence in using Twitter with my free 1 page Twitter Basics Guide, which you can find online at http://taranet.co.uk/resources/Twitter-1-Page-Guide.pdf <
- For a free social media scheduling guide, please email me at info at taranet .co.uk
- Do you want coaching support to help your business flourish? Please email me to discuss! Or visit https://animal-star-social-media.teachable.com for online courses.